End-of-School Year Balances

  • please_note

    • All negative balances, including those for students who are approved for free or reduced meal prices, must be paid in full by June 12th of each year. Failure to pay your child's balance could result in transcripts or report cards being withheld.
    • Your child's balance — whether positive, negative, or zero — will carry over to next school year.  A negative balance over $15 will be transferred from Skyward to our Intouch fine/fee payment system.
    • Student account statements can be viewed online through Family Access. If you do not have access to Family Access, contact your child’s building secretary for your user name and password.  

    Please select your choice upon withdrawal with this form link 

    If your child is leaving the school district (moving, graduating, etc.) and they have a remaining positive balance on their Food Service account, their funds can be ...

    1. transferred to a sibling;
    2. donated to a needy student (determined by the Food Service office); or
    3. refunded to the parent/guardian, please provide an address 

    Upon withdrawal from the district, amounts remaining on account for students over $5.00 will be refunded to the family unless an option above has been selected.  Prior to refunding any credit balances owed, the Food Service Department will check to ensure no other household family member has a negative balance within food service.  Positive balances from one household family member will be transferred to a negative balance of another household member.  For amounts remaining under $5.00 paid by check or cash, the district will remit funds directly to the Department of Revenue Unclaimed Property Division after 2 years, unless a parent specifically requests to receive a refund by emailing invoice@steilacoom.k12.wa.us. An appointment will be scheduled for refund pickup at the District Office located at 511 Chambers Street in Steilacoom.  Amounts paid by credit card will be refunded to the card used regardless of refund amount.

    Please note that positive food service balances cannot be transferred to pay for outstanding fines or fees.  Outstanding fines or fees will need to be paid separately.