Kindergarten Enrollment FAQ
HOW OLD MUST MY CHILD BE TO ENROLL IN KINDERGARTEN?
To be eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2022-23 school year, a child must be five years of age as of midnight August 31, 2022 (WAC 392-335-010).
IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF KINDERGARTEN DIFFERENT THAN OTHER GRADES?
For students attending Cherrydale Primary and Chloe Clark Elementary, the schedule for the first four days of school for Kindergarten students is very different than other grade levels. Click here for a printable flyer with important date information for the 2022-23 school year.HOW CAN I ENROLL MY CHILD?Please note the following:
HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR UPLOAD:
- After completing the initial request to log in to the secure Online Enrollment system, you will be sent an email with a link and password. This can take several minutes. If you do not receive an email please check your spam/junk mail before reaching out to the enrollment office.
- If you are a current parent in the district and have a Skyward Family Access account please log in and select "New Student Online Enrollment" on the left side of your screen.
DO I LIVE WITHIN THE DISTRICT BOUNDARIES?Visit our District Boundary Check page to determine if your residence is within our boundaries.DOES THE DISTRICT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION?Bus transportation is provided for all resident students who live farther than one-mile away from school; students living within a one-mile radius are not eligible for bus transportation. Parents of kindergarten students are required to be at the bus stop for pick-up and drop-off.DOES THE DISTRICT PROVIDE EARLY ENTRANCE KINDERGARTEN?Early entrance to kindergarten may be provided for in-district students whose birthday occurs on/after September 1st according to the following guidelines:
- Birth certificate
- Immunization Record from the doctor's office
- Verification of Residency Document (we will accept: current utility bill, garbage bill, or lease/rental agreement with your name, address and dated within the last 30 days)
- To qualify for Early Entrance Kindergarten, the child must be 5 years old on/before November 30th.
- Interested families should fill out the Application for Early Entrance to Kindergarten online form (available August 1st each summer); completed applications will be held until we are able to determine if space is available.
- Applications will be filed and reviewed in the order in which they are received.
- Early Entrance Kindergarten is available only when classroom space allows.
- Classroom space determination is made by the end of the 2nd full week of school in September.
- If the District decides to offer Early Entrance Kindergarten, there will be a screening process; a $75 non-refundable fee will be collected at the time of screening. Applicants will be notified after the 2nd full week of school with the contact information listed on their applications. The screening process may include OSPI WaKIDS criteria.