Free and Reduced Price Information
As participants in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), free and reduced price meals are available to qualifying students. Only one application per household is needed. When your application has been processed, you will be notified of your student's eligibility and eligibility will display in Family Access. USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines 2021-2022
Look for the Add Application in your Skyward on August 19th for the 2021-2022 school year
Apply for school-meal benefits through your skyward account. (download this guide)
It's quick, confidential and you can watch the status through your login! EASY!
Login to your Skyward Family Access Account and follow these steps:
- Click "Food Service" on the left-hand side menu.
- Along the top of the page, click the drop-down box next to "All Students" and select a student from your household - you will only need to fill out one application for your household.
- Click the "Applications" link located along the top of this new page.
- Click the "Add Application" link.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit an application.
IMPORTANT: When entering your electronic signature, be sure that it matches exactly the name you entered in Section 3. For example, if you enter your name with a middle initial you must include that middle initial in your signature
A new application must be submitted every year OR when the household income or number of household members change.
- Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be available as an online application on August 19th through Skyward Family Access; see instructions above
- All charges accrued prior to an application's approval are the responsibility of the parent.
- New Kindergarten students are not automatically eligible for meal benefits because their older siblings have qualified in the past; a current-year application must be approved for them to begin receiving benefits.
- Turning in an application does not automatically qualify students for benefits. Your child will not be eligible until your household receives a letter. The approval process can take 8-10 working days, especially at the start of the school year due to a high volume of applications.
- All students (grades K-12) who are approved for free OR reduced priced meals automatically qualify for free breakfast.
- Students in grades K-3 who are approved for reduced meals automatically qualify for free breakfast AND lunch.
- Milk is included for all meals, but if purchased separately it costs $0.65 for all students regardless of application status. Juice and Snacks are charged at the a la carte rate.