Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in SHSD is coordinated across the district and guided by 5 competency areas based on Casel's Integrative Framework. We take a proactive systems approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students to achieve social, emotional and academic success.
- Self-Management: Managing behaviors and emotions to achieve one's goals
- Social-Awareness: Showing understanding and empathy for others
- Self-Awareness: Recognizing one's emotions and values as well as one's strengths and challenges
- Responsible Decision-Making: Making ethical, constructive choices about personal and social behaviors
- Relationship Skills: Forming positive relationships, working in teams, and dealing effectively with conflict