Fingerprinting is required in addition to volunteer application for all assistant volunteer coaches, sixth grade camp counselors and extended trip volunteers.
Capital Region ESD 113 provides fingerprinting services using Live-scan Technology. This creates high-quality scans of fingerprints that are transmitted electronically to the Washington State Patrol and FBI for review. Fingerprints taken with Live-scan are generally cleared within just 1 to 2 weeks. The results of the WSP and FBI background check are forwarded to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) in Olympia and stored in the Education Data System for 2 years.
- Fee is $84.00 due at time of the fingerprinting
- Bring a valid photo identification-driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc...
- Visa/MC only, purchase order, NO personal/business check
- No refunds if prints are rejected
- Hours 7:30am-3:30pm M-F Closed for lunch 11:30-12:30– walk in only/ no appointments o Limited space in fingerprint area, they ask that clients leave young children with a caretaker
- Process takes approximately 20 minutes per person
- If you arrive late in the afternoon and others are ahead of you, they may not be able to process. Last client 3:30pm
- Go to your local police department or WSP to have them complete a fingerprint card on you
- Call ahead to see what is required and what their processing fee is
- Send your completed card along with a $45.25 check made out to OSPI :
P.O. Box 47200
Olympia, WA 98504
Attn: Fiscal Office
Fingerprint processing can take up to 2 weeks.
Please note that fingerprint results must be received cleared and validated by Steilacoom Historical School District