Volunteer Requirements for the 2021-2022 School Year
Washington State law requires that all K-12 volunteers must be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or obtain a medical or religious exemption. If you are already an approved volunteer, you may email a copy of your vaccination card to email@example.com. Upon receipt, the district will log your vaccination status and then shred the copy you have provided.
The district process for volunteer opportunities for the 2021-2022 school year will be as follows:
- Staff member will complete a Request for a Volunteer
- Building Principal or Athletic Director must approve the request
- Staff member may directly solicit volunteers, or the request may be shared with all active volunteers
- Volunteers who sign up for the request must have completed vaccination verification or have an approved request for a religious or medical exemption prior to October 18.
- Religious exemptions may be requested through this online form: Exemption Request
- Medical exemptions may be requested through this form: Medical exemption.
Volunteers provide support for our schools through direct service for students (chaperoning, helping in classrooms, Watch D.O.G.S. program, reading to students) and indirect services for students (assisting in the front office, PTA's and Booster Clubs, set up, clean up and concessions at sports events). Students and staff truly appreciate the gift of your time and efforts to make Steilacoom Historical District a great place to learn and grow.
- Fill out the online application Online Application Packets (one email address per applicant)
- Check your email for your approval letter or a request for a photo ID
- You will be contacted by email regarding volunteer opportunities or you can contact your child's teacher for classroom volunteering & chaperoning
- Record your volunteer hours by signing in and out at the volunteer kiosk at each school. If you are helping after school, you can catch up by recording those hours on the kiosk the next time you sign in.
All assistant volunteer coaches, 6th Grade camp counselors and extended trip volunteers will need to complete fingerprinting as well see here for additional information
For questions or concerns, please contact Dana-Lynn Ballou at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve…. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
~Martin Luther King, Jr.