Free and Reduced Price Information
Free meals are continuing through the 21-22 school year. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has announced that it has extended the free meal program through June 2022, depending on federal funding. This allows us to continue to serve free and nutritious meals to ALL children.
It is still important for families who qualify, to fill out our online free and reduced price meal application. Your eligible application helps provide nutritious meals for students. Your eligible application is one of the ways that our school district receives important state and federal funding to support students in the classroom. All information on your application is confidential.
This year your Free and Reduced Meal Application includes an optional extracurricular fee waiver section!
In the online application, section 7 Other Benefits is completely optional; check the box if you would like to Waive all ASB Associated Fees. For specific information on which items are ASB associated Fees, please look for the * Asterisk on the District Fee Schedule 2021-2022. Because Section 7 is optional, please check the box and electronically sign to show that you would like to waive all ASB associated fees.
Only one application per household is needed. When your application has been processed, you will be notified of your student's eligibility and eligibility will display in Family Access. USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines 2021-2022
Look for the Add Application in your Skyward for the 2021-2022 school year on the afternoon of August 23rd
Apply for school-meal benefits through your skyward account. (download this guide)
It's quick, confidential and you can watch the status through your login! EASY!
Login to your Skyward Family Access Account and follow these steps:
- Click "Food Service" on the left-hand side menu.
- Along the top of the page, click the drop-down box next to "All Students" and select a student from your household - you will only need to fill out one application for your household.
- Click the "Applications" link located along the top of this new page.
- Click the "Add Application" link.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit an application.
- IMPORTANT: When entering your electronic signature, be sure that it matches exactly the name you entered in Section 3. For example, if you enter your name with a middle initial you must include that middle initial in your signature
A new application must be submitted every year OR when the household income or number of household members change.
- Applications for the 2021-22 school year will be available as an online application on August 23rd through Skyward Family Access; see instructions above
- New Kindergarten students are not automatically eligible for meal benefits because their older siblings have qualified in the past; a current-year application must be approved for them to begin receiving benefits.
- Turning in an application does not automatically qualify students for benefits. Your child will not be eligible until your household receives a letter. The approval process can take 8-10 working days, especially at the start of the school year due to a high volume of applications.
- One carton of milk is included for all meals, but if purchased separately or an additional carton is purchased it costs $0.65 for all students regardless of application status. Juice and Snacks are charged at the a la carte rate and are not free regardless of application status. If a second additional meal is purchased that same day, there will be a charge as only the first meal of the day is covered under the free and reduced lunch program.
- A la carte items are charged at their posted price.