Class schedulePeriod 1: English 10Period 2: English 9Period 3: English 9Period 4: English 9Period 5:Period 6: English 10 BiographyI am currently teaching English 9 & 10 at Steilacoom High School. This is my 11th year at SHS.I enjoy teaching and getting to know the students and their families. I also like attending school events and activities.I'm an avid reader of historical nonfiction and science fiction. I also enjoy traveling, camping, and hiking.In my spare time, I also like playing computer and board games.I graduated from Myrtle Point High School, received my associate's degree from Highline Community College, my bachelor's degree in history from Central Washington University, and my English and language arts endorsement from Pacific Lutheran University.Favorite Books:
- fiction: Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, It by Stephen King, Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, & Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
- non-fiction: Lafayette: A Life by Andreas Latzko, Escape from Reason by Francis A. Schaeffer, Harry Truman by David McCullough, A Country of Vast Designs by Robert W. Merry, & The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Video Games: Ghosts of Tsushima, Civilization VI, No Man's Sky
- Board Games: Trajan, Imperial Settlers, Dead of Winter, Suburbia, Ora et Labora, Le Havre, A Feast for Odin, Fields of Arle, & Nations
- TV: Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Doom Patrol, Star Trek: Voyager
- Movies: Superman: The Movie, A River Runs Through It, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter, Jaws, Airport, The Poseidon Adventure, E.T., Guardians of the Galaxy,The Godfather 1 & 2, Ratatouille, Tremmors, & Kung Pow
- Sports: UFC
- Music: The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, George Strait, Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, The Beach Boys, Gram Parsons, Led Zeppelin, The Beetles, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, & Chris LeDoux
Contact InformationYou can find me on the first floor at the back corner of the commons in room 101.I'm often available before school or after school if you have questions or need assistance with English or social studies work.Feel free to email with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org