Skip To Main Content

General Concerns

We Want to Hear Your Concerns

Steilacoom Historical School District (SHSD) works hard to provide a positive, safe, high-quality education for all students; however, we understand that at times you may have a concern about something that has happened at your student's school or wish to discuss a situation with a school official.

Step 1: Contact Your Child's Teacher or Counselor

Your student's teacher or counselor know your child's unique needs the best. The most successful place to begin to address a concern is with the teacher or counselor.

Visit our staff directory or the counseling staff directory for contact information.

Step 2: Contact Your School's Principal or Assistant Principal

If you have been unsuccessful resolving your concern with the teacher or counselor, please contact the school's principal or assistant principal.

Visit the SHSD district directory for contact information.

Step 3: Contact the District Office

If you have been unsuccessful in resolving your concern at the school level, please contact the SHSD District Office at 253-983-2200 or Our staff with help you resolve your concern or put you in contact with the appropriate staff member who is best able to address your specific concern.

Special Concerns
Some types of concerns dictate a certain response according to district policy/procedure, state law, and/or federal law.
More information about the complaint process is available by category.

Sexual Harassment
Discriminatory Harassment and other Civil Rights Violations