Steilacoom Historical School District Volunteer Team
Volunteers provide student and staff support by chaperoning dances and field trips, helping in classrooms, reading to students, assisting in the front office, the Watch D.O.G. S. program, PTA's and Booster Clubs, set up, clean up and concessions at sports events. Students and staff truly appreciate the gift of your time and efforts to make Steilacoom Historical District a great place to learn and grow.
- Fill out the online application On-Line Application Packets (one email address per applicant)
- Check your email for your approval letter or a request for photo ID
- You will be contacted by email regarding volunteer opportunities or you can contact your child's teacher for classroom volunteering & chaperoning
- Record your volunteer hours by signing in and out at the volunteer kiosk at each school. If you are helping after school, you can catch up by recording those hours on the kiosk the next time you sign in.
For questions or concerns, please contact Dana-Lynn Ballou at email@example.com
Athletic Volunteer Information
If you are volunteering to help coach any school athletic team in the District you must meet the following Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) requirements:
- Complete a Steilacoom School District volunteer application located on district website at https://www.steilacoom.k12.wa.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=84
- Have a completed/cleared Washington state criminal background check with fingerprints at volunteer coach’s expense. We do not accept fingerprint results from other districts, please see below for your options.
- HR will send mandatory training link to provided email.
- Must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
- Must be CPR/1stAid certified (hands on CPR training must be included with the certification).
Failure to meet these requirements will be a violation of WIAA rules and school district policy.
Fingerprinting Options for Athletic Volunteers
Option A (recommend) ESD 113 6005 Tyee Dr SW Tumwater, WA 98512
Capital Region ESD 113 provides fingerprinting services using Live-scan Digital Technology. This creates high-quality scans of fingerprints that are transmitted electronically to the Washington State patrol and FBI for review. Fingerprints taken with Live-scan are generally cleared within just 1 to 2 weeks. The results of the WSP and FBI background check are forwarded to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) in Olympia and stored in the Education Data System for 2 years.
What to know…
o Fee is $83.00 – due at the time of fingerprinting
o Bring a valid photo identification – driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc…
o Cash/debit/credit (Visa/MC ONLY)/money orders/cashier’s check/purchase order NO personnel/business check
o No refunds if prints are rejected
o Hours 8:00am-3:00pm M-F – walk in only/no appointments
o Limited space in fingerprint area, they ask that clients leave young children with a caretaker
o Process takes approximately 20 minutes per person
o If you arrive late in the afternoon and others are ahead of you, they may not be able to process. Last client 3:30pm
o Go to your local police department or WSP to have them complete a fingerprint card on you
o Call ahead to see what is required and what their processing fee is
o Send your completed card along with a $43.00 check made out to OSPI
P.O. Box 47200
Olympia, WA 98504
Attn: Fiscal Office
Fingerprint processing can take up to 2 weeks.
Please note that fingerprint results must be received clear and validated by Steilacoom Historical School District prior to employment.