Adverse Weather Information
From time to time throughout the school year, weather may force a change in the normal operating routine of the district. Steilacoom Historical School District (SHSD) has in place both a process to make decisions concerning cancellation or delay of school, and a communication system to share this information with students and parents. We will make every effort to adhere to the established school calendar, however the safety of students and employees is the highest priority. The following questions and answers will help clarify how decisions regarding school closure or delay of school are made, and how they will be communicated.
- How are decisions made?
- What can parents do to be prepared for school closures or delays?
- Where can parents get information concerning school closures or delays?
- What will school delays and closures look like?
- Will there be any changes to transportation on days with 2-hour delays?
- What about childcare?
- What about community use of school district facilities?
- Will the district ever change the call?